The Advanced Placement Program® (AP®)
College Board’s Advanced Placement Program® is recognized by universities around the world as a standard of academic excellence. Since 1955, the AP® Program has enabled millions of students to take U.S. university undergraduate-level courses and earn undergraduate degree credit, advanced placement, or both while still in high school/secondary school.
Nearly all colleges and universities in the United States—as well as more than 500 universities in 75 countries such as the U.K., Canada, and Australia— consider AP participation favorably for admission and have policies around AP credit and placement.
For more information visit College Board’s website:
Access the list of universities around the world offering AP credits:
Some Benefits of
Taking AP Program Exams
AP benefits enable motivated students like you to:
Stand out in university admissions
Earn university credit
Skip introductory university classes
Save money on tuition
Build skills and confidence
Read how AP helped these students.
Review AP course descriptions for the subject(s) you wish to take to see which topics are covered in the AP course – and what might be on the exam.
Authorized AP Test Center
Hopetown Girls’ School is authorized by the AP Program to administer 2023 AP Exams. However, test centers and schools set their own exam pricing, registration timeline and payment policies.
AP EXAM REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS
2023 AP Exam Schedule
The 2023 AP Exams will be administered as paper-and-pencil exams only over two weeks in May: May 1 -5 and May 8–12. Early testing or testing at times other than those published by AP is not permitted under any circumstances.
Our center currently does not offer AP Exams that require additional equipment or that have a course portfolio component (language exams, Music Theory, Art and Design, Seminar and Research). Below is a list of the exams that we offer:
May 1, 2023
May 2, 2023
May 3, 2023
May 4, 2023
May 5, 2023
Computer Science A
May 8, 2023
May 9, 2023
May 10, 2023
May 11, 2023
May 12, 2023
be enrolled in AP Course to test in
a self-study mode.)
Our center offers late testing for circumstances where necessary, following the scheduled late-testing dates and times published by AP. Here are the late exam subjects our center offers:
May 17, 2023
May 18, 2023
May 19, 2023
Computer Science A
Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
United States History
Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Physics 2: Algebra-Based
Comparative Government and Politics
Physics C: Mechanics
United States Government and Politics
World History: Modern
2023 AP Exam Eligibility:
Students must be enrolled in or affiliated with a secondary school (high school) to take AP Exams. Students in any of the categories below are eligible to test:
- Students testing at the secondary school where they’re enrolled.
- Students enrolled at a secondary school but testing at another authorized school/test center.
- Secondary school-level students who are homeschooled, participate in independent study, or attend a virtual school.
- Younger students who are not yet enrolled in secondary school (i.e. below ninth grade) but are prepared to take an AP Exam.
Prospective exam takers who do not meet the above requirements and have a legitimate need for AP testing must request approval via email from College Board at email@example.com , prior to registering with a test center.
- I acknowledge that I will be under 21 years old ( born after May 31, 2002) at the time of taking any AP Exams in 2023
- I acknowledge that I will need to pay the test center and register online with the College Board by the stated deadline to complete my AP Exam registration and receive an Admission Ticket from the test center, or I will not be able to test.
- I acknowledge that I have read and agree to test center policies above, with respect to payment deadline, payment instructions, refunds and cancellations.
Additional testing policies
- You can take any or all of the 4 physics exams in the same year.
- You cannot retake an exam in the same year, although you may retake it in a subsequent year.
- You cannot take both Calculus AB and Calculus BC in the same year.
- You cannot take 2 exams scheduled at the same date and time. Decide which exam you wish to take first and then take the other exam during the next testing window.
- AP Exams at test centers are paper-and-pencil based and administered in person at the test center. In-person digital exam options are not available for students outside the U.S. at this time.
IMPORTANT ID POLICY UPDATE
ID Policy for test centers in India:
Please plan any ID processing and applications in advance. Ensure you have acceptable ID to bring to the test site on exam day or you will not be able to test.
- AP-authorized test centers in India will only accept original, valid passport as ID for entry to the AP Exam administration.
- If original, valid passport is not available, then student must have the Aadhaar in either original Letter format or the PVC version with hologram only (both received from UIDAI). No other Aadhaar versions will be accepted.
- A sample of the letter version is shown on the left; it’s the entire piece of paper and not just the card portion at the bottom. The PVC card sample is on the right.
Students will need a student account with College Board to register. Link to My AP account:
https://myap.collegeboard.org/login (Create an account only if you do not already have one you use for SAT, PSAT, AP.)
Find detailed information related to our Test Centre’s AP Exam policy and Registration process, Exam Fee in the .PDF document listed below:
Register for AP Exams : AP REGISTRATION POLICY 2022-2023 FOR YOUR TEST CENTRE
Students must ensure that they have registered for all AP Exams, paid the exam fee to the AP test center and completed the entire process mentioned in the AP Exam registration instructions by the deadlines listed. There will be no extensions to the deadlines allowed later.