The Advanced Placement Program® (AP®)
College Board’s Advanced Placement Program® is recognized by universities around the world as a standard of academic excellence. Since 1955, the AP® Program has enabled millions of students to take U.S. university undergraduate-level courses and earn undergraduate degree credit, advanced placement, or both while still in high school/secondary school.
Nearly all colleges and universities in the United States—as well as more than 500 universities in 75 countries such as the U.K., Canada, and Australia— consider AP participation favorably for admission and have policies around AP credit and placement.
Some Benefits of
Taking AP Program Exams
AP benefits enable motivated students like you to:
Stand out in university admissions
Earn university credit
Skip introductory university classes
Save money on tuition
Build skills and confidence
AP EXAM REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS
2024 AP Exam Schedule
The 2024 AP Exams will be administered as paper-and-pencil exams only over two weeks in May: May 6-10 and May 13-17. Early testing or testing at times other than those published by AP is not permitted under any circumstances.
Our center currently does not offer AP Exams that require additional equipment or that have a course portfolio component (language exams, Music Theory, Art and Design, Seminar and Research). Below is a list of the exams that we offer:
May 6, 2024
May 7, 2024
May 8, 2024
May 9, 2024
May 10, 2024
Computer Science A
May 13, 2024
May 14, 2024
May 15, 2024
May 16, 2024
May 17, 2024
Our center offers late testing for circumstances where necessary, following the scheduled late-testing dates and times published by AP. Here are the late exam subjects our center offers:
May 22, 2024
May 23, 2024
May 24, 2024
Computer Science A
Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
United States History
English Language and Composition
Physics C: Mechanics
Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Physics 2: Algebra-Based
United States Government and Politics
World History: Modern
AP’s Student eligibility: Students must be enrolled in or affiliated with a secondary school (high school) to take AP Exams. Students in any of the categories below are eligible to test:
- Students actively enrolled in secondary school.
- Secondary school-level students who are homeschooled, participate in independent study, or attend a virtual school.
- Actively enrolled students who may be prepared to take an AP Exam prior to the ninth grade.
- Recent secondary school graduates who need a specific AP Exam for university admission.
If you recently graduated secondary school (typically within but not limited to 1-3 years after graduation) and need an AP Exam to apply for university, you do not need to contact the AP Program for permission to test in 2024. If you aren’t sure if you’re eligible to test, please contact your test center coordinator.
- I acknowledge that I will be under 21 years old ( born after May 31, 2003) at the time of taking any AP Exams in 2024
- I acknowledge that I will need to pay the test center and register online with the College Board by the stated deadline to complete my AP Exam registration and receive an Admission Ticket from the test center, or I will not be able to test.
- I acknowledge that I have read and agree to test center policies above, with respect to payment deadline, payment instructions, refunds and cancellations.
Additional testing policies
- You can take any or all of the 4 physics exams in the same year.
- You cannot retake an exam in the same year, although you may retake it in a subsequent year.
- You cannot take both Calculus AB and Calculus BC in the same year.
- You cannot take 2 exams scheduled at the same date and time. Decide which exam you wish to take first and then take the other exam during the next testing window.
- AP Exams at test centers are paper-and-pencil based and administered in person at the test center. In-person digital exam options are not available for students outside the U.S. at this time.
IMPORTANT ID POLICY UPDATE
ID Policy for test centers in India:
Please plan any ID processing and applications in advance. Ensure you have acceptable ID to bring to the test site on exam day or you will not be able to test.
- AP-authorized test centers in India will only accept original, valid passport as ID for entry to the AP Exam administration.
- If original, valid passport is not available, then student must have the Aadhaar in either original Letter format or the PVC version with hologram only (both received from UIDAI). No other Aadhaar versions will be accepted.
- A sample of the letter version is shown on the left; it’s the entire piece of paper and not just the card portion at the bottom. The PVC card sample is on the right.
Students will need a student account with College Board to register. Link to My AP account:
https://myap.collegeboard.org/login (Create an account only if you do not already have one you use for SAT, PSAT, AP.)
Find detailed information related to our Test Centre’s AP Exam policy and Registration process, Exam Fee in the .PDF document listed below:
Register for AP Exams : AP REGISTRATION POLICY 2023-2024 FOR YOUR TEST CENTRE
Students must ensure that they have registered for all AP Exams, paid the exam fee to the AP test center and completed the entire process mentioned in the AP Exam registration instructions by the deadlines listed. There will be no extensions to the deadlines allowed later.